- Saint Francis currently uses the Saxon math series which spirals the math curriculum.
- Teachers apply research based techniques suggested by the Johns-Hopkins/Best Evidence in Education study on effective math teaching techniques named “Effective Programs in Elementary Mathematics: A Best-Evidence Synthesis”.
- Teachers also use Smart/Starboards for improving computation and analyzing measurements.
- Currently, the school is in the process of introducing a diocesan-approved Religion textbook series, Sadlier. Grades pre-school through second have adopted the new series for the 2009-2010 year and the remainder of the grades will adopt the approved series in the 2010-2011 school year.
- Assessment is varied and integrated into the learning process. Teachers are constantly assessing students through informal observation as well as formal assessments such as homework, quizzes and tests.
- Students in grades three through eight are formally assessed through the use of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS).
- Every grade scores well above the National Percentile Rank in areas from reading comprehension to Mathematics.